- Intending Medical Tourist contacts Overseas Medical Services.
- The home Physician and Intending Medical Tourist select treating hospital.
- Contact is then made with the treating Hospital and a Surgeon is appointed.
- Home Physician transmits technical data (X-rays, MRI's) to treating Hospital.
- Treating Surgeon assesses the data.
- The Home Physician/Patient/Treating Physician agree on procedure to be undertaken.
- Intending Patient and Treating Surgeon discuss questions and concerns.
- When agreement is reached, All-Inclusive Package is put together, and appointment is made.
- Visas and Passports are acquired and flights are arranged.
Arrival in Treating Country
- Patient is met at airport and taken to the treating Hospital.
- Patient meets Physician and undergoes extensive tests.
- Surgeon examines test data.
- When Surgeon is satisfied to proceed, he/she informs patient.
- Surgeon addresses any final concerns of the patient.
- Agreement is reached to proceed/not proceed.
Recuperative Stage of Treatment
- Patient remains in the hospital for the agreed upon number of days.
- While recuperating, the patient is overseen on an ongoing basis by the treating Surgeon and members of his/her team.
- Recuperative therapy is provided as appropriate (physical therapy etc).
- At the end of the specified period, the treating Surgeon will issue a Certificate of Discharge.
- The patient can then move to the Hostel, Hotel or Spa.